Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Feeling a little sad today...............




Tomorrow my youngest daughter starts a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She will be serving in the California Carlsbad mission. I am so proud of her and yet so sad that I won't see her for 18 months. I know that 18 months will fly by. I know that she will grow and learn and mature and all of that good stuff. I served my own mission to South Korea a billion years ago. It was the hardest thing yet the best thing I have ever done.

This picture was taken on Saturday at the airport before she left for Utah. We hadn't cried yet when this picture was taken. When it was time for her to leave, we hugged...and held on to each other for what seemed 5 mintues..at least. We waved goodbye knowing it was going to be some time before we see each other again. Isn't that like life? We say goodbye to those we love..but have great faith in knowing we will see them again when this life is over. Life is good.

No comments: